Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Patch to ethereal.nsi ( Windows installer )

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:04:08 +0100
Hi,
I also use NSIS 2.0 and I have just tested it on my home PC WinXP Home
edition and I get the readme file displayed with these two lines
In the script :
!define MUI_FINISHPAGE_SHOWREADME "$INSTDIR\README.win32"
!define MUI_FINISHPAGE_SHOWREADME_NOTCHECKED

At work on Win2K professional I got an error box and then file displayed, I
thought that the problem perhaps was the path.
But it seems your comment is correct :) it does not work :( and as we
currently does not have a big need for a readme file
it's perhaps best left alone. I just thought it would have been a good place
to put information like the problem with ASN.1 and default.tt,
and yes you are right I "forgot" "gtkrc" there.
But a delete *.* in all directories might be a good idea for such cases ?

Best regards
Anders

>>Anders Broman (AL/EAB) wrote:
>>

>>Hi,
>>I agree that the info in that file isn't what one would expect in a readme
file
>>displayed at installation. But as it says "; show readme doesn't seem to
work even with NSIS 2.0rc3" in the file I wanted to show
>>what I did to get it to work. Then we can add a file with more apropriate
information if we want.
>>Best regards
>>Anders
>>Ps
>>I checed the example at :
>>http://nsis.sourceforge.net/archive/nsisweb.php?page=92&instances=0,48
>

>Well, I tried this, and it doesn't work on my machine :-(
>
>I'm using NSIS 2.0 "final release" to compile the script. It shows no
problem while compiling.
>When I use the generated installer, it shows the last page with the
checkbox for the readme file.
>But regardless if checked or not, it simply doesn't show the README.win32
content, it just does nothing.

>Did you really checked, if it work on your machine?
>

>The removing of the gtkrc file is wrong, as it's not installed at
"$INSTDIR\gtkrc".
>It's installed at "share\themes\Default\gtk-2.0\gtkrc" and it's also
uninstalled from that place correctly.