Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Statistics menu items, 3rd proposal

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:23:51 +0100
Hi List!

This is just a proposal, didn't changed the CVS.

After getting so much responses from the list, I have a completely different approach (something more like the old structure again) now:

*** Existing Toplevel MenuItem: Analyze ***
Display Filters...
Match >
Prepare >
------------------------
Enabled Protocols...
Decode As...
User Specified Decodes...
------------------------
Follow TCP stream

*** New Toplevel MenuItem: Statistics ***
Summary
Protocol Hierarchy
IO
------------------------
Conversation List >
Endpoint List >
Host List >
Service Response Time >
------------------------
ANSI >
BOOTP-DHCP
GSM >
HTTP
ISUP (Message Types)
ITU-T H.225
ONC-RPC (Programs)
RTP >
TCP Stream Analysis >
WAP-WSP

We might want to change the "Host List" also to "Endpoint List", as this would reduce the number of entries, and still being correct?!

We might also want to change the "IO" item name to "Throughput"?!

This will require some work, I could do the changes later in the evening.

Please fire your comments,

Regards, ULFL
Extra-Konto: 2,50 %* Zinsen p. a. ab dem ersten Euro! Nur hier mit 25
Euro-Tankgutschein & ExtraPrämie! https://extrakonto.web.de/?mc=021110