Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Statistics menu items, 2nd proposal

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 01:56:59 +0100
Richard Sharpe wrote:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Ulf Lamping wrote:

| Second proposal for the statistics menu:
|
| a) Renamed all appearances of (Watch Protocol) to (Statistics)
|
| b) Made two new toplevel menu items "Transport" and "Application"
| I very often heard about the distinction between the "generic"
transport
| layers and the application specifics layers.

Looks promising!

You opt for top-level menu items. I agree they are convenient (simple
to access). Another approach is to preserve the Analyze top-level menu
and create the submenus in it (would only require a minor patch to
gtk/menu.c)

I will have a look at this but one thing I hope is that we can achieve some stability in the UI soon. We have been going through a lot of change recently, and while I think a lot of it is for the better, I think it will be better for users if we stabilize this soon.

Hopefully very soon, if Gerald want's to make a new release tomorrow :-)

Regards, ULFL