Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-cvs] cvs commit: ethereal README.win32

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:10:54 -0800
On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 10:28:47AM -0600, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> ulfl        2004/02/22 10:28:47 CST
>
>   Modified files:
>     .                    README.win32
>   Log:
>   gtkclist.c is called ethclist.c now

...and all the functions in it are called "eth_clist_..." now, which
means that it no longer substitutes for GtkClist, it's our own widget
for displaying packet lists, which is *currently* the same as the GTK+
1.2[.x] GtkClist but will probably eventually no longer be (once it's
made to work with GTK+ 2.x as well), e.g. I want to make it a "virtual
clist" that calls back to a routine to get column text.

As such, that step in README.win32 might no longer be necessary - in
fact, if you're building with GTK+ 1.2[.x], I think it's necessary to
*not* do it, as, when building with GTK+ 1.2[.x], "gtk/packet_list.c"
uses the EthClist stuff.