Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Did anyone succeed on building the pluginsoncygwin?

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:57:56 +0100
On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 02:39:51PM +0100, Olivier Biot wrote:
> I tried once with '--enable-static' and once with '--disable-static'.
> The former failed at link time as the GTK+-2.0 libraries for X11 I got
> did not contain a static version (I had a .dll.a and a .la version but
> not a .a version of this library). The latter complained about
> duplicate defintions.

I'd gathered that much

> I attached the (compressed) output of both configure runs to this
> mail. the one with "dynamic" in the file name is the one for which I

And it says:
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Win32 ld.exe
checking whether to build static libraries... no

So yes, we support dynamic libraries but we can't handle them
correctly when linking.
Does anyone else use cygwin? If so, do you encounter the same
problems. If you do, please let me know, if you don't: Please
let me know also. In addition: which versions auf autoconf, automake
and libtool do you use?

Olivier: Currently, I assume this to be a bug of the auto.. tools
you are using. You caould either wait forfeedback from other cygwin
users to confirm or falsify my hypothesis or test it yourslef by
updating libtool, automake and autoconf.

  Ciao
     Jï¿œrg