Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Did anyone succeed on building the plugins oncygwin?

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:15:15 +0100
[Replying to the list, as my mail doesn't contain any big attachments]

Olivier,

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 01:11:05PM +0100, Olivier Biot wrote:
> I explicitly set '--disable-static' in the configure run:

ack

> autoconf version 2.13
> autoheader version 2.13
> automake (GNU automake) 1.4-p6
> aclocal (GNU automake) 1.4-p6
> ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.3 (1.922.2.110 2002/10/23 01:39:54)

I remember now - the system that built endlessly after I added
the .PHONY rule ;->

> b. toplevel config.log
> Attached to this mail.

Sigh, I was too careless. It seems, with that version of autoconf,
the results are not logged, only the tests as such. Can you please send
me the output of the configure run (./confiugre ... 2>&1 | tee my.log)?

Sorry for the extra work.

 Ciao
              Jï¿œrg

PS: The error from the make.log looks like I expected it to look:
  The linking process is run with "-dlopen" path/to/plugin.la and
  this is transformed into path/to/plugin.o. And statically linking
  a module that was meant to be loaded dynamically results in
  duplicate symbols if you have more thatn module. In case the
  configure says it supports dynamically opening modules, then I'm
  going to suggest an update of the whole auto.../libtool mess :-/