Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Did anyone succeed on building the plugins on cygwin?

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 07:32:43 +0100
On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 07:08:28PM +0100, Olivier Biot wrote:
> It seems difficult to link the applications when enabling plugins, as
> gcc complains about duplicate definitions. Has anybody a clue on what
> might be the problem (static/dynamic conflicts in several makefiles?)

It looks like some sort of mismatch: Normally we check ofr the ability to
build shared libs/modules (.so files on unix). If we can do so, we don't
define ENABLE_STATIC. It looks like the linker tries to statically link
the plugins into the binary while the compile process thinks that they
will be loaded at runtime.
Can you please send me a) the versions of automake, autoconf and libtool
and b) the toplevel config.log and c) the output of make (linking phase
only: do a make all and after this fails, just run it again, this time
with logging)?

Thanks
   Jï¿œrg