Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ethereal 0.10.1 - changelog

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:39:27 -0600
Olivier Biot wrote:

AFAIK make dist should not include the CVS directories and the
.cvsignore files, however this seems to be the case. As a result, the
make-version.pl script sees that we're building from CVS and it will
generate a CVS version in cvsversion.h.

Maybe we want to create a beacon file in the top-level directory which
would then inform make-version.pl that we're creating a real official
release hence creating a cvsversion.h header *without* defining the
CVS version.

I've just checked in support for a "version.conf" file, which lets you enable the version string and define its contents. If it is not present the configuration

enable: 1
format: CVS %Y%m%d%H%M%S

is used.