Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Any possibility of having autosize oncolumnsenabled up to MAX

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:46:51 +0100
Ian Schorr:
> Question for all:  Should this behavior simply replace the current
behavior?

> This is my preference.
>
> However, I'm guessing most people would prefer that the behavior is
configurable - by default this new behavior would be used ("Remember column
widths"), but the user has an option to use the current behavior ("Use
default column widths").

> Ian
>
> On Feb 17, 2004, at 5:24 PM, Guy Harris wrote:
>
> > Then perhaps the right way to give people what they probably really want
> > is to have Ethereal save, in the "recent" file, the widths most recently
> > set for columns, so that they're remembered from invocation to
invocation.

Why not more than two alternatives, e.g. something like:
-Remember column widths
-Use default column widths with narrow Info column
-Use default column widths with wide Info column

I'm a bit frustrated with changing the Info-column by dragging it. Actually
I have some problems getting it to work well on Windows GTK1 version.
It seemed to work better with Windows GTK2 version when I tried this morning

Adding the "remember column width" would be really useful, at least when I'm
on my normal computers.
But I tend to use Ethereal on a lot of different computers, so I really like
if it would be easy to switch between wide and narrow (maybe it
would be good with a button to switch between these two modes).