Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal v0.10.1 GTK2 window size not restored...

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:07:54 +0100

> Ronald W. Henderson wrote:
>
> >Folks:
> >
> >I have observed with ethereal v0.10.1 graphic type: GTK2 on Windows XP and
> >on Redhat Linux (ethereal built from source code) that the ethereal window
> >registration (window size) is not preserved from the last saved instance of
> >ethereal. The user's "recent" file which holds the registration information
> >does correctly contain the window size settings.
> >
> >On start up of ethereal, the same default window size is used independent of
> >what was last saved in the "recent" file. I did a GTK+ install and it
> >appears to work ok. This is a GTK2 issue only. The window position is
> >correctly being place on the display.

In the meantime I recognized the problem you desctibed, and also found a fix for this.

The problem is:

I moved all the "sizing" calls behind the show call of the main window, as this is needed for the maximized setting to work.

But the call to WIDGET_SET_SIZE will take no effect, if the window is already shown (strangely enough).

I will check in a fix for this later today.

Regards, ULFL

Ein Grund zum Feiern: Die PC Praxis ermittelt zwischen 10 grossen
Mailprovidern WEB.DE FreeMail als Testsieger http://f.web.de/?mc=021190