Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal v0.10.1 GTK2 window size not restored...

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:44:59 +0100
Ronald W. Henderson wrote:

Folks:

I have observed with ethereal v0.10.1 graphic type: GTK2 on Windows XP and
on Redhat Linux (ethereal built from source code) that the ethereal window
registration (window size) is not preserved from the last saved instance of
ethereal. The user's "recent" file which holds the registration information
does correctly contain the window size settings.

On start up of ethereal, the same default window size is used independent of
what was last saved in the "recent" file. I did a GTK+ install and it
appears to work ok. This is a GTK2 issue only. The window position is
correctly being place on the display.

What preference settings are you using?

-Save window position
-Save window size
-Save maximized state (GTK2 only!)

BTW: On my WinXP 2002 Pro SP1 it works ok for both GTK1 and 2 with all preference settings.

Regards, ULFL