Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] FYI: Compiling with gcc 3.4 and -pedantic

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:33:15 +0100
Just an info:
I just built and installed gcc 3.4 20040211 prerelease.
Compilation time went down from 20.x Minutes to 15.x Minutes.
I get one new warning type when compiling with -pedantic:
packet.c:108: warning: ISO C forbids conversion of function pointer to object pointer type
If I remove the cast to gpointer, I get a different warning:
packet.c:108: warning: ISO C forbids passing arg 2 of `g_slist_append' between function pointer and `void *'
Oh well, there are bound to be such effects. It's pedantic after all.

 Ciao
      Jï¿œrg