Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] merging nsis installer for GTK1 and GTK2

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:58:15 +0100
|From: Andreas Sikkema
|
|There is a -DDEBUG switch somewhere in the makefile if I remember
|correctly. Never tried to change it, because I had no need...

The -DDEBUG only defines the DEBUG token. This is used in conditional
compilation of debug code in the dissectors etc (enclosed in #ifdef DEBUG
... #endif). It however does *not* add the *symbol tables* to the
executable.

Under *NIX (or cygwin), you almost always get the symbol tables in the
binary by default, and you have a stripper to get rid of those (typical
name: strip). Those symbol tables are required in objects that need to be
linked together, but not anymore in binaries themselves.

Regards,

Olivier