Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Deactivate "Apply" button if the display filter is not valid?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:41:44 +0100
Guy Harris wrote:

On Feb 10, 2004, at 1:05 PM, Olivier Biot wrote:

| You can tell whether a filter was empty by checking whether
| "dfilter_compile()" supplied a non-null "dfilter_t" pointer - if the
| pointer it supplied was null, the filter was empty.

You'll want to add a method
gboolean dfilter_equal(dfilter_t **dfp_a, dfilter_t **dfp_b)
to epan/dfilter.[ch] which would compare the byte code of both
compiled display filters and return true if both programs are
identical.

Yes. I think Ulf was questioning whether we'd want to do so *now*, as the intent is to produce the next release this week, I think.

Well, don't get me wrong, but...

Now we might now how this task could be implemented.

But now we need someone who wants to implement this, but the usual thing will be, no one will do anything about the specific task

And we could discuss this topic in a few weeks (or months) again...

Regards, ULFL