Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] RFQ: Protocol hierarchy display filter operators

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:28:21 +0100
Olivier Biot wrote:
<I am thinking at adding the "over" operator which refers to protocol
hierarchy.
<The shorthand operator is "/" and you'll understand the operator in the
<TCP/IP example :) Another possibility is to filter all packets where protox
<runs in some layer on top of protoy

Yes I think that this could be useful with an "over" operator.
For case 5 and 6, isn't ip[x] used for refering to octet x of the ip-packet?
Might be confusing to use [] for case 5 and 6.