Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] XUL => native Windows update

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:44:44 +0100
Hi list,

I've been digging into XML some time ago, and here are some
interesting pointers:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names (XML name spaces)
http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/ (the "xmlns:" namespace)
http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema (XML schema)

You can declare a tag from the ethereal XML name space as follows:

<tag xmlns:ethereal='some-uri-to-the-ethereal-xml-schema'> contents of
tag </tag>

or:

<tag xmlns:ethereal='some-uri-to-the-ethereal-xml-schema' />

Often it's the top-level xml tag which receives the XML schema
defintions so you're allowed to write "ethereal:eth-tag" instead of
declaring each tag to belong to a certain schema. I however don't know
the limits of the XUL parser.

Regards,

Olivier