Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Should we use scrolled_window_new instead of gtk_scrolled_window_

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:42:14 +0100
Hi List!

Although we have a common function for creating a scrolled window, named scrolled_window_new() in gtk/ui_util.c, sometimes this function is used, and sometimes gtk_scrolled_window_new().

Is this intentional for some reasons I just don't see, or is it only implemented that way, as the implementors had no idea of using our common function?

I tend to replace all appearances of gtk_scrolled_window_new() by scrolled_window_new(). This would:

a) make the preference setting "Vertical scrollbar placement" take effect for every scrolled window, not only the ones where currently our function is used.
b) I would like to add a call to gtk_scrolled_window_set_shadow_type(GTK_SHADOW_IN) for GTK2, as this will make the scrolled windows look like in the GTK1 versions (and identical to the GTK2 text entries for example, too).
c) we could also put a call to gtk_scrolled_window_set_policy(GTK_POLICY_AUTOMATIC, GTK_POLICY_AUTOMATIC) to the function in ui_util.c, so typically scrollbars are only shown when they are needed, meaning when the window is too small.

With this, we could get a common behaviour for all scrolled windows, and can differ from this defaults only at the places where it really makes sense for some reason.

Regards, ULFL

Nachrichten, Musik und Spiele schnell und einfach per Quickstart im
WEB.DE Screensaver - Gratis downloaden: http://screensaver.web.de/?mc=021110