Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Next Release: Win32 NSIS installer pending questions

From: John McDermott <jjm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:12:10 -0700

Ulf Lamping wrote:

Color filters:

At least for color filters, there are both user and system-wide color filters; would a default color filters file be a user file or a system-wide file?

And what colors and filter expressions would it have? Is there a set that would be close enough to what most people would want that it'd even make *sense* to have a default color filter file? Or are color filters enough of a personal thing that a default color filter file wouldn't make sense?

A couple of years ago I asked if anyone had any sets to contribute. IIRC, I only got requests for sets of color filters. Personally I only have about four that I use. Mine are similar to the colors used by LanWatch as I started that years ago when it was free software...

BTW, I'd make them personal so a user can change them easily.

--john

--
John McDermott
Writer, Educator, Consultant