Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] fixes for nsis-installer script and makefile

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 07:54:14 +0100
Ethereal development <ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 03.02.04 20:40:38:

> I think there was some discussion as to what version numbers the
> Ethereal executable image name should reflect.
>
> Was it concluded that the image name should include "2" if Ethereal was
> built for GTK+ 2.x?
>
> And, if we make GTK+ 2.x rather than 1.3[.x] the standard version for
> Ethereal builds at some point, should the Ethereal executable still have
> that "2" in its name?

The simple naming scheme e.g. ethereal2.exe was an experimental name for my investigations.

As we now are going to use it, it might be better to rename it to something like ethereal_gtk2.exe and something alike for the installer name too.

Regards, ULFL
Nachrichten, Musik und Spiele schnell und einfach per Quickstart im
WEB.DE Screensaver - Gratis downloaden: http://screensaver.web.de/?mc=021110