Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Implemented rudimentary Drag and Drop support.

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 22:58:26 +0100
From: "Ulf Lamping"

| Olivier Biot wrote:
|
| >It does not work on a cygwin GTK2 build :( and I have no clue
why...

| Does it nothing? Or showing up the wrong filename?

It does nothing, the OS prevents the file to be dropped (I get the
"drag and drop forbidden" mouse pointer). Although the Ethereal window
receives the focus.

| Could you have a look, if the function dnd_data_received() is called
| (main.c line 1654), when you drop some file on the Ethereal main
screen.

Ethereal only gets there at startup. When I start Ethereal so it opens
already a file, then Ethereal stops twice at this point: once at
startup and once at start of reading the capture file entered at the
comand line.

| If it does, please have a look at the string coming out (hint: I've
| recently made some changes on these again).
|
| If it does not, I don't have an idea what we could do either :-(

Neither do I... it looks like either my GTK2 on cygwin does not like
drag and drop, or the OS explicitly prevents drag and drop. For what
it's worth, I'm running the latest cygwin XFree86 X server with the
"-clipboard -multiwindow" options.

Regards,

Olivier