Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Implemented rudimentary Drag and Drop support.

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 09:36:17 +0100
Guy Harris wrote:

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 07:34:12PM +0100, Ulf Lamping wrote:
Although I just used plain GTK mechanisms (working on win32 both GTK version 1 and 2),
it might not be working on other platforms.
Especially the string format of the dragged target filename might differ on the various platforms.

At least with KDE 3.0's file manager/Web browser Konqueror, file name
URI's appear to be of the form

	file:/foo/bar/...

so that only "file:" should be stripped off.  I've checked in a change
to do that, and can now drop capture files from Konqueror into Ethereal.

Perhaps we should look for "file:" followed by an arbitrary number of
"/"s, and, at least on UNIX, strip off all but the last "/".

Should have added an example, how the win32 string look like...

file:///d:/dir1/dir2/capture-file.cap

I will add this to the comment.

With your changes, it still works well on my win32 machine :-)

I've added this feature, as it's frequently used by win32 users (advanced ones?). I use it regularly on other programs and a bit disappointed that it wasn't working with Ethereal.

Regards, ULFL