Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Follow TCP Stream &nd filter out this tream bug

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 16:30:51 +0100
Ulf Lamping wrote:

Olivier Biot wrote:

| Could someone look at the "follow TCP stream" code and fix this?

Nothing to be fixed for display filter generation, however the current
implementation will not show the progress dialog because (I guess but
with enough confidence) of an unwrapped display filter string which
yields too wide a dialog.

My approach tends to a proposal from Guy, at all GTK outputs limit the string length to some reasonable value and append a "..." to it when it's too long.

I've implemented it this way in the progress bar, as that were the place
to fix it,
it will now cut the displayed string to about 100 characters and append
"..." in this case.

When working on this, I've noticed a similar problem in the summary dialog,
as it's becoming wider and wider with the display filter string growing.

Fixed this, it will now split the filter strings in chunks of 100
characters and put the chunks in a seperate row.

There might be other places in the GUI with problems of very large
display filter strings.

Please let me know if you find any such place in the GUI.

Regards, ULFL