Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Follow TCP Stream &nd filter out this tream bug

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 12:23:16 +0100
Olivier Biot wrote:

| Could someone look at the "follow TCP stream" code and fix this?

Nothing to be fixed for display filter generation, however the current
implementation will not show the progress dialog because (I guess but
with enough confidence) of an unwrapped display filter string which
yields too wide a dialog.

I'm completely sorry, as I confused the discussion. I just didn't get the difference between "Follow TCP stream" and "Filter out this stream" :-(

Now I understand the problem you described and can have a look at the bug itself :-)

I guess that Guy was correct when he guessed that's some limitation of the GTK labels/titles

Interestingly, this problem don't show up in the GTK1 version!

My approach tends to a proposal from Guy, at all GTK outputs limit the string length to some reasonable value and append a "..." to it when it's too long.

I will look what I can do and will send a bugfix later.

Regards, ULFL