Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Implemented rudimentary Drag and Drop support.

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 11:02:13 +0100
Guy Harris wrote:

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 07:34:12PM +0100, Ulf Lamping wrote:
Although I just used plain GTK mechanisms (working on win32 both GTK version 1 and 2),
it might not be working on other platforms.
Especially the string format of the dragged target filename might differ on the various platforms.

At least with KDE 3.0's file manager/Web browser Konqueror, file name
URI's appear to be of the form

	file:/foo/bar/...

so that only "file:" should be stripped off.  I've checked in a change
to do that, and can now drop capture files from Konqueror into Ethereal.

Perhaps we should look for "file:" followed by an arbitrary number of
"/"s, and, at least on UNIX, strip off all but the last "/".

I've checked in some explanations of the different URI syntax on Win32 and UNIX sytems.

What I completely forgotten was: URI's can have escaped characters in them, to quote the comment I added about this:

    * we have to replace escaped chars to their equivalents,
    * e.g. %20 (always a two digit hexstring) -> ' '
    * the percent character itself '%' is escaped be a double one "%%"

This is especially true for spaces in filenames (often used in Win32 systems).

I've added the mechanism for unescaping the chars, and split the whole conversion URI to filename code into the new function: dnd_uri2filename() as this conversion was becoming a bit too long.

Removed the comment about "possibly absolute pathnames" as this will be always be an absolute pathname, as there is no relation between the source and destination (working dir) of a DND transfer, the whole information of the DND transfer must be in the DND data for that reason IMHO.

Regards, ULFL