Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Preferences: different font_name syntax for GTK1 / 2

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:43:55 +0100
Guy Harris wrote:

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 03:04:59PM +0100, Ulf Lamping wrote:
The solution to this: save the font names for GTK1/2 in two different
key/value pairs and only use the one appropriate for Ethereal's current
GTK version.

Yes, that's the right way to do it.  (This has been discussed in the
past.)

GTK1: use the "gui.font_name" preference and keep "gui.font_name_gtk2"
unchanged
GTK2: use the "gui.font_name_gtk2" preference and keep "gui.font_name"
unchanged

Any comments?

I'd use "gui.gtk2.font_name" instead.

Just right before I wanted to check in the changes :-)

I agree using "gui.gtk2.font_name" is even better.

Regards, ULFL