Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal performance results compared to offic ial 0.9.16 rel

From: Ian Schorr <spamcontrol2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:42:27 -0500
What about without profiling? Profiling definitely slows things down - during some testing in Linux Ethereal was about 3 times slower than without...

Biot Olivier wrote:

[Message resent - pls ignore if received twice]

Forgot to mention:

Official 0.9.16 Win32 release (without profiling data of course) is about
twice as fast as the same release built with cygwin (with profiling data):
12 seconds without colorfilters, 13 seconds with color filters!