Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Inconsistent usage of @plugindir@/@PLUGIN_DIR@

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 12:24:32 -0800
On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 02:08:45PM -0600, Albert Chin wrote:
> --with-plugins is honored *only* by plugins/docsis/Makefile.am.

Well, if there's something done only by the DOCSIS makefile, I'll have
to look into this more - I have a "regression baseline" version of
Ethereal installed on a machine at home, which I use for regression
tests, and it installs its plugins in a directory with "vanilla"
appended to the version number so that the "regression baseline" version
won't use the same plugins as the current version.

The only case where I've seen problems with that was with the DOCSIS
plugins, so if there are any plugin installation problems, I'd currently
expect them to be with the DOCSIS plugins and not with the other plugins,
rather than being with all plugins *except* for the DOCSIS plugins.
(Re-installing the two versions seemed to clear up the problem I saw, so
I'm not sure what caused the problem.)