Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Building under Mandrake 9.0

From: Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Nov 2002 11:27:33 -0500
This is probably a stupid question:

Has anyone been able to build Ethereal under Mandrake 9.0?

I have libpcap0-devel installed, and bpf.h is installed in
/usr/include/net/bpf.h

Yet when I run autogen.sh, I get:

checking for net/bpf.h... no
configure: error: Header file net/bpf.h not found; if you installed
libpcap from source, did you also do "make install-incl"?

I suspect I just have the include paths screwed up, but I haven't been
able to figure out the proper command line to feed to autogen.sh.  I
played with --include-dir and --enable-user-local with no success.  This
is a default install of Mandrake 9.0, and I didn't have any of these
issues when using Mandrake 8.2.

If anyone has been through this before, and can give me the proper
options to feed autogen, it will save me some time.

Thanks in advance,

--
Devin Heitmueller
Senior Software Engineer