Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Plugins.c

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 16:44:59 -0800
On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 04:40:42PM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 07:35:20PM -0500, Mike Frisch wrote:
> > Pardon me if this has already been discussed, but it looks that you did
> > not copy "config.h.win32" from the root of the Ethereal sources to
> > "config.h".  Those undeclared identifiers are essentially because you
> > are not compiling on a flavour of unix.
>
> The Makefile.nmake file is supposed to do that, but perhaps it didn't do
> so.

Or perhaps he was using a "config.h" generated on a UNIX system, or
otherwise created his own "config.h" rather than using "config.h.win32";
he mentioned having downloaded the zlib development package, but our
"config.h.win32" files don't enable zlib.

One should NOT use a UNIX "config.h" file on Windows.