Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] PCAP.H error while compiling on Windows

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 11:46:22 -0600
On Fri, 08 Feb 2002 08:46:01 ryan.braden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> When processing the 'gtk' makefile, I was able to access 'pcap.h' just
> fine, but the path is defined as "/I$(PCAP_DIR)\WPCAP\LIBPCAP ", which
> points directly to the 'pcap.h' header.  In the makefile in the
> 'ethereal-0.1.9' folder the path is only defined as "/I$(PCAP_DIR)
> \include".  The only 'include' folder I have in my 'winpcap' folder is at
> 'winpcap\WPCAP\LIBPCAP\Win32\Include'.  Is this the one I should be
> pointing to?  Or is my structure of my 'winpcap' folder incorrect?  Any
> help would be appreciated.

What version of WinPcap are you using? I'm using the WPdpack zip file
from WinPcap 2.2 and the Include directory does have a PCAP.H file.
The mess of wpcap-related /I flags in gtk/Makefile.nmake is very
strange, and unexpected for me. It was added with the
TCP time-sequence graph patch. I wonder if you and Pavel (the one
whoe wrote the graph routines) have a different layout than
what the WPdpack zip file has.

Does your top-level directory in your winpcap area look like this:
(Sorry for the Unix-style listing; i'm mounting my Windows share
from Linux right now):

drwxr-xr-x    1 gilramir gilramir     4096 Oct 15 17:17 Drivers
drwxr-xr-x    1 gilramir gilramir     4096 Oct 15 17:17 Examples
drwxr-xr-x    1 gilramir gilramir     4096 Oct 15 17:17 Include
drwxr-xr-x    1 gilramir gilramir     4096 Oct 15 17:17 Lib
-rwxr-xr-x    1 gilramir gilramir      540 May 28  2001 readme-cygwin.txt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 gilramir gilramir      768 May 28  2001 readme.txt

--gilbert