Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Bug: ethereal doesn't display all data when just one packet

From: Marc Milgram <mmilgram@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Jan 2002 11:25:26 -0500
When ethereal tries to decode a packet containing NFS data, and there is
on only one packet in the trace, it does not display any of the RPC or
NFS data.  It does display the IP and UDP data.

I was trying to analyze a VMS trace that contains only one packet.
Ethereal would let me expand all of the layers through the UDP layer,
but would not expand the RPC or NFS layers.  If I added a second packet
to the trace, both packets could be expanded.  The hex-dump indicated
that ethereal read the packet in question the same way both times.

I ran into this with the latest and greatest version of ethereal in CVS,
as well as pre-build binary versions of 0.9.

-Marc