Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] BGP parser bug.

From: "Sapariya Manish" <icmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:25:30 +0900
HI,
In the attached Capture file if u see packet 114 (Update) which is
incorrectly formed,
but Ehtereal shows that there is no error in packet formation.

The problem is that both the packet length and Attribute length are one more
than
the total unreachable NLRI information, which in this case is 9, but the
total attribute length
is encoded as 16 instead of 15.

And hence the notification from the router in next packet.

Besides this there is one more bug which I forgot to describe in my last
post,
If the AS path is having than some 100 or so AS , Ethereal doesnt show the
complete AS path list.
If anybody wants the capture file, I may post it again.

rgds,
manish

P.S. Anybody can please let me know of the patch available (if immediately)
as I
am not subscribed to this list.