Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Is there a NIC that can filter on multiple MAC addresses?

From: "Mike Bendickson" <bendi003@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 10:30:56 -0600
My apologies if this isn't the right place to pose this question.

Does anyone know of a way to have a NIC filter packets from a list of MAC
addresses.  Sort of a dynamic-selective-promiscuous mode.  I'm guessing this
isn't a generic NIC feature and would require some specific card if it's
available at all.

I would also need to be able to modify the list (add/remove) of MAC
addresses from a program in real time.

The problem that I'm having is that the CPU is becoming a bottleneck in my
sniffing application, and if I can push off the filtering of some of the
packets to the NIC, it would free up a lot of the CPU.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-Mike Bendickson
 bendi003@xxxxxxxxxx