Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Match selected from packet list & Prepare line

From: Jirka Novak <j.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 10:06:07 +0100
4) Insert the filter at the current cursor position in the filter field
at the bottom of the screen but *don't* apply the filter immediately.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ it is not possible if you use 'Match Selected'

So don't use "Match selected", use something else!

For example, if you want a filter that selects all packets that match
field X of frame N and field Y of frame M, you:

	clear the filter field at the bottom of the screen (just clear
	the text field, e.g.  by typing control-U, don't apply the new
	empty flter)

	select frame N

	select field X of frame N

	select "Insert in filter" (or whatever it'd be called) from the
	right-button menu (this is a new right-button menu item that'd
	be added)

:-) That is I want too. Where it is. In current CVS?

	add the word "and" after the filter in the filter field (this
	puts the cursor after the word "and")

	select frame M

	select field Y of frame M

	select "Insert in filter" from the right-button menu

You now have the expression you want in the filter field at the bottom
of the window.  Now click on that field and type the <Enter> key, and
that filter will be applied.

With 'Insert in filter' without automatic apply it will be OK. So use 'Insert in filter' as submenu with items as operators (and, or, not...)
It will be nice.

I will separate prepare line code from 'Match selected' in packet list code. And we will put it together.

						Jirka Novak