Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Match selected from packet list & Prepare line

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 23:47:45 -0800
On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 08:38:29AM +0100, Jirka Novak wrote:
> I think, there are two ways.
> 1) make something as prepare line (I did)
> 2) make check button 'Apply filter automaticly' and button 'Apply filter
> now'

3) If there's no "Display Filter" dialog box open, pop it up, with a
blank "Filter name" field and a "Filter string" field containing the
filter expression in question; if there is a "Display Filter" dialog box
open, insert the filter at the current cursor position in the "Filter
string" field.

This avoids having an extra line at the bottom of the window, taking up
extra screen real estate.  It was also not particularly obvious what
that extra line *did*, or what the "Use" button did.