Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] small idl2eth update

From: Frank Singleton <frank.singleton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:10:21 -0600
Bernd Becker wrote:

> The changes in packet-coseventcomm.c and packet-cosnaming.c
> just reflect your change to ethereal_gen.py. After Frank Singleton
> finishes his current work with ethereal_gen.py it might make
> sense for him to regenerate the two dissectors from the IDL.

Hi,

Yep this would be wise . I would like to regenerate the
GIOP subdissectors on a regular basis, to keep things
in step with ethereal_gen.py updates.

On the other point about name collisions, we would need a
nice "decode as" feature as I have discussed before. This one
would have to handle selections to decode similar operation names
both within the same IDL (subdissector) , and in different IDL's.

Could we not extend the current "decode as" function to
allow users to select which one they want. ie: "Decode as" can
resolve not only down to subdissector level, but also down to registered
functions within a subdissector.

I will think about this during holidays.

Cheers / Frank..

--
EUS/SV/Z Frank Singleton      ASO Americas BSS
Office : +1 972 583 3251      ECN 800 33251

Hardware: HP Omnibook 4150 running Redhat Linux 7.1 (2.4.3-12 kernel).