Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Plugins working?

From: "C. L. McAvaney" <chrismc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 19:41:43 +1100
G'day,
I have just compiled up version 0.8.15 on a Solaris 2.8 machine and when I
select plugins from the tools menu, there doesn't seem to be any plugins
listed.

I ran a truss over the executable and it seems to be loading the gryphon.so
and mgcp.so files.  I even added debugs to the plugins.c code to see if it is
opening the files and inserting them correctly.  It is doing that.  Even
invoking reg_handoff for each of the plugins, but there is still nothing in
the plugins menu option.

I also tried with a pre-compiled version for windows and it doesn't list any
plugins either (even after I created C:\Ethereal\plugins\0.8.15)!

Has anybody else had this problem?
I also compile it up for Linux and had the same problem.

Thanks,
Christopher
            ,,,
           (. .)