Ethereal-dev: RE: [ethereal-dev] *compressed* Sniffer(tm) save files

From: "Farley, Tim (ISSAtlanta)" <TFarley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:40:19 -0500
>I know that uncompressed sniffer files can be read in, is
>anyone working on reading compressed files?

Yes.

I have some code written that does this.  It currently works in an in-house
app we have here at work which converts capture files back and forth between
formats.

I just need to convert it to C from C++ (not hard) and change it to fit in
with the way Ethereal reads files.  I've been planning to do this for a
while, but have been busy lately.

=====================================
Tim Farley
Software Engineer
tfarley@xxxxxxx

Internet Security Systems, Inc.
(678) 443-6000 / Direct Dial (678) 443-6189 / fax (678) 443-6479
http://www.iss.net

ISS CONNECT 2000
International User Group and Information Security Summit
March 19-24, 2000   http://connect.iss.net
REGISTER TODAY!