Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Popup packet window

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 22:19:17 -0800
> 1) When a packet window is open and a new capture is started, the
> packet window should be destroyed.  Currently it isn't.  At first
> I thought it was kind of neat to have packets from the old capture
> until I realized that the data pointer for the packet window is no
> good when the capture is restarted.

Fixed.

I checked in the code, with that fix.

> 2) Changing the IPv4 DiffServ option (Display->Options) doesn't
> update the current protocol tree in the main window or the packet
> windows.

Yup, although that antedates the popup packet window stuff; doing it
right - i.e., making it update the protocol trees without just
reconstructing the tree and thus forgetting which items the user had
opened (note that if a protocol tree has multiple interior-node items of
a particular type, we don't remember which particular ones were open, we
just remember that one of the items in question was opened) - could take
some work.