Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Re: Multiple definition during compile

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 07:17:32 -0500
On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 09:29:58PM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:

> Does anybody know if there's a way to have a config file check whether,
> on the platform on which you're running it, you'll get real run-time
> linking from libtool?  If so, then

You may want to ask this question on the libtool mailing list
which is mentioned at http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/.
I once tried to fix some problems I was having with libtool under
AIX, but gave up....libtool has noble ambitions, but is pretty ugly.

By the way, has anybody gotten the latest snapshots of ethereal
to build under AIX?  How well does automake/autoconf/autoheader/libtool
work with non-gcc compilers?  This combination of programs seems to
want to put gcc specific flags in generated makefiles, even though I
am not using gcc.

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr