Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Re: packetBB and MANET

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2024 12:21:32 +0200
Hi Jaap,

Good for me to rename the packetBB dissector to MANET (like bootp/dhcp)

Cheers

On Thu, Aug 1, 2024 at 8:11 PM Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Should we go ahead and rename the packetBB dissector to MANET?

PacketBB seems to be used in the early days, when RFC 5444 was being developed as draft-ietf-manet-packetbb.
Now it has the title "Generalized Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Packet/Message Format”.
Not sure if the term packetBB is still in general use, but MANET makes more sense, with packetbb as alias, just like boots / dhcp.

Gr,
Jaap