Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Extcap program based on extcap_example.py

From: Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 08:33:16 +0200
Hi Timo.
Yes, not compiled extcaps are to be placed in the extcap folder.
Since you're not integrating into the wireshark building system, you don't have to handle cmake. From a working wireshark installation, just point out where the extcap folder is (have a look at the about dialog, in case you don't know it) and put your executable inside it. Be sure it fulfils all the requirements for the excap interface (starting from the python interpreter, executable bit, etc). The extcap interface is intentionally loose and what doesn't fit it, it's just silently discarded.