Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building Wireshark From Source MacOS

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 17:03:57 +0200
That version of Wireshark is not supported with Mac OSX 13.x or higher. Please use a later version.

But, for that specific protocol, you could also try the following dissector, written in Lua: https://github.com/netspooky/dissectors/blob/main/acble.lua

cheers
Roland

Am Do., 4. Mai 2023 um 16:52 Uhr schrieb Inga <inga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello everybody,

I am trying to build wireshark from source on my MacBook Pro with MacOs Ventura 13.2.1 because I want to capture BLE packets with the following dissector: https://github.com/furiousMAC/continuity/tree/master/dissector/3.4.4

For that, I downloaded wireshark-3.4.4 from this source: http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/wireshark/src/all-versions/

I followed the README.macos and installed the required libraries with the tools/macos-setup.sh script.

After that I ran cmake -G Ninja .. in my build directory. The output is attached. Then I ran ninja what resulted in multiple fatal errors (also attached).

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong? Or how I can troubleshoot this problem?

Thank you very much in advance!

Inga