Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] SMB2 Dissector requires update for FSCTL_QUERY_NETWORK_INTERFACE

From: Abiodun Aremu <abiodunaremung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 19:27:14 +0100
Hello Wireshark Devs,

Wireshark capture for FSCTL_QUERY_NETWORK_INTERFACE_INFO response includes field RSS Queue Count (a). This field is meant to be called Reserved.
My investigation shows that NETWORK_INTERFACE_INFO Response was added to the MS-SMB2 technical document in 12/16/2011 38.0 release with the field RSS Queue Count. This field was updated to Reserved in the 7/12/2012 40.0 release. However, the Wireshark dissector has not been updated to have the new field name.

This is an issue I would like to raise on the Wireshark repo for fixing.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Abiodun Aremu