Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 45212: /trunk/ui/gtk/ /trunk/ui/gtk/

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 10:36:15 -0400
On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Maynard, Chris
<Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Apologies, I meant to write:
>
>  if (!result || avail > 0 || !result1 || childstatus != STILL_ACTIVE) {
>
> I think I am too accustomed to *nix return values where 0 typically means success, and so I read the documentation too quickly thinking the same applied here.
>
> ... but since I'm not entirely sure what is needed here, I'll leave it to you (or someone else) to make an appropriate change.  I just wanted the builds to succeed again so I could continue with some other stuff I was working on.  And don't worry about the buildbot failing; it happens to us all, even to the best among us (and no, that would not be me in that category).

I don't have a Windows machine to test on, but I've attached a patch
which I *think* does the right thing. I made it into a g_error instead
of a g_warning, since I expect that having the call fail is
sufficiently unusual to warrant us bailing out ASAP, but that's more
of a gut call than anything.

If someone with a Windows machine can confirm that it works (at least
as far as not breaking capture on windows machines) then please feel
free to commit it.

Evan