Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Modify default settings?

From: Christopher Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 18:19:17 +0000 (UTC)
Stephen Fisher <steve@...> writes:

> I just changed this to read "Auto Scroll" instead in SVN revision 35108
> to save space.  The other references remain "Auto Scroll in Live
> Capture" such as in the View menu.

Looks better to me.  The tooltip still has the full text too, so that's good.

> I don't know why GTK+ would show different sizes in Unix vs. Windows.

Me either.  But in either case there are icons that don't fit on the toolbar.  I
think it would be nice if they could all fit somehow.  The icons seem a little
too wide to me.  I wonder if they could be squeezed so more could fit, although
on my 1280-wide screen there are still 9 more icons after "Auto Scroll" that
don't currently fit, so I'm sure no amount of reasonable squeezing will enable
them all to fit.

Maybe a change to a ribbon would do the trick, like
http://www.cacetech.com/products/pilot_gui_img.html?  :)