Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] socket: Operation not permitted

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:09:15 -0700

- Rachid - wrote:

My name is rachid. Iam from holland and we want to use tethereal for a company.When we want to try to start the Tethereal on my linux shell prompt (Suse), we get a error. I have the root privileges. The error says: tethereal: the capture session could not be initiated (socket: Operation not permitted).

What happens if you try to use tcpdump?