Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Question on decoding MAC/IP to a name

From: "Yakonich, Tom R." <tom.yakonich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:19:43 -0400
Title: Question on decoding MAC/IP to a name

To whom it may concern,

Please tell me how to create a names file to decode either MAC address or IP address to a name for display purposes.

Example: instead of seeing the MAC address of 00-01-02-ba-bc-bd, I would like to assign a name of SQL-Server.  Therefore I would see SQL-Server when viewing the frames.  This can easily be done with other analyzers.

Thank you.

Tom Yakonich

(734) 737-3995