Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Things Happening In The Same Timestamp

From: Becky Vict <becky_vict@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 01:47:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I have Zone Alarm (free version) on both server and client. All settings are ok.

On server, the network card is D-Link DFE-538TX 10/100 adapter and appeared to be in the latest driver version for this particular model. It is connected to ADSL modem.

On client, USB port.

If the captures were captured twice, I should be seeing 'double packets' from the same source/direction with different timestamps?

Please take a look at my sample capture here:

www.darikawan.com

at the bottom left corner Download Here section. I hope this is acceptable to ethereal community? I cannot put the sample in the server because this is a private server.

Thanks.

BV

ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
please check if you have a firewall software installed on the box you are capturing from.

Some people has seen interaction between for example blackice and winpcap  causing the captures to be captured "twice" for some mysterious reason.