Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] export in csv does not save details

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 01:33:06 -0700 (PDT)
Visser, Martin wrote:
> The dialog and error (when trying to save to either the default
> directory as "httpresp.csv" or say "c:\httpresp.csv")
> Is definitely there on windows XP 0.99.0

It's definitely not there in UN*X.

If the intent truly is to have, on Windows, a single Export dialog with a
selectable file type, then we need to arrange that the Packet Format
section is enabled *ONLY* when a file type that supports it is selected
(i.e., it should *NOT* be enabled if CSV, PSML, or PDML is selected).
This means that we need to be notified if the user changes the file type
in the Export dialog, so we can do whatever's necessary to enable and
disable the Packet Format section.

(Should we also have two Export submenu items, one that pops up the Export
dialog and one for Selected Packet Bytes, on Windows?)

If the intent is to have the Windows GUI match the UN*X GUI, then we need
to get rid of the selectable file type, and have the Packet Format section
not be present if CSV, PSML, or PDML is selected.